Novosti
31.03.2014
Objavljen poziv za podnošenje ponuda za javnu nabavku - MEDICINSKI POTROŠNI MATERIJAL - laboratorijski pribor

Poziv za podnošenje ponuda za javnu nabavku 21/2014 - MEDICINSKI POTROŠNI MATERIJAL - laboratorijski pribor, objavljen na sajtu Instituta.

Background

1957.

The history of the Institute for Pulmonary Diseases of Vojvodina dates back to 13th of April 1957, when the decision had been made by the Government of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina to found the Institute for Tuberculosis in Sremska Kamenica. The design of the hospital reflected the latest architectural trends in the world of that time. In the same year, doctor Stevan Goldman was appointed the first Director of the Institute.

 

 

 

 

1960.

The construction of the Institute was finished three years later, and on 6th of June, 1960 it started to work as a multidisciplinary health institution.

 

1961.

With its capacity of 756 hospital beds, the Institute was the largest health institution of its kind in Yugoslavia. By the end of 1961, it had 454 employees, including 30 physicians.

 

Regarding its organizational scheme, at the end of the same year the Institute consisted of:

  • four phthisiological departments for the treatment of tuberculosis;
  • one general pulmonology department for other pulmonary diseases;
  • the Surgical Department with 20 beds;
  • departments for rehabilitation, X-ray, bacteriology, biochemistry, lung function, pathology with autopsy unit, dentistry, gynaecological and ENT clinics, a pharmacy and social service.

 

Over the first1 0-15 years of its work, the Institute for Tuberculosis of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina was primarily engaged in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with tuberculosis.

 

1972.

Due to the efficient work of the Institute, supported by the equally effective anti-tuberculotic service, the number of TB patients in Vojvodina was significantly reduced, with the growing interest in other non-tuberculous pulmonary diseases. It was the reason why the name of the Institute was in 1972 changed to the Institute for Pulmonary Diseases and Tuberculosis.

 

1977.

At the beginning of 1977, a new stage in the development of the Institute occurred, characterized by integration of its working organizations into the united one - the Medical Faculty of Novi Sad. At that time, the |Institute had about 400 beds with additional 140 ones in its department at Iriski venac. It also included the Dispensary in Novi Sad.

 

It was the moment when the Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases and the Institute of Oncology evolved from the Institute for Tuberculosis, taking some of its space and capacities.

 

Since then, the Institute for Pulmonary Diseases and Tuberculosis has been performing medical, educational and research activities.

 

The Institute has been paying special attention to professional and research work and improvement since its foundation, so seminar sessions, international symposia and conferences have been almost regularly organized in two-year intervals since 1963.

 

The History of the Thoracic Surgery Clinic of the Institute

1957.

The Department of Thoracic Surgery started to work half a year after the Institute had been opened. The first patient was operated on 22 February, 1961 due to caseous cavernous tuberculosis. The surgery was performed by doctor Marko Popovic, Head of the Thoracic Surgery Department, assisted by Prof. Stevan Goldman and doctor Ivan Pilis. The Department had two modern-equipped oval-shaped operating theatres, with central oxygen supply and vacuum system. electrocauters and hanau lamps. At the beginning of 1965, doctor Ivan Fajgelj from the Military Academy of Belgrade was appointed Head of the Thoracic Surgery Department of the Institute. He enlarged the scope of surgeries performed at the Department introducing cardiovascular surgeries and children cardiosurgery.

 

1972.

In 1972, when the Institute for Tuberculosis changed its name to the Institute for Pulmonary diseases and Tuberculosis, the Thoracic Surgery Department also enlarged its capacity to 50 beds, and then to 120 beds in 1974, when a number of children's beds were added as well. Children with congenital heart disorders and chest deformities were admitted for surgery.

 

1979.

In 1979, at the locality of Sremska Kamenica, besides the already existing Institute for Pulmonary Diseases and Tuberculosis, the Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases was formed in the same building, with Assoc. Prof. Ivan Fajgelj for its first director, so the Thoracic Surgery Department became a constituent unit of the new-formed Cardiovascular Institute.

 

1982.

During 1982, the Thoracic Surgery Department was redistributed to the Institute for Pulmonary Diseases. The hospital building was reconstructed and enlarged to meet the needs of the Cardiovascular Institute. The fourth, and partially the fifth floors were built on both wings of the building. The modern surgery block with five operating theatres (two of them belonging to the Clinic for |Thoracic Surgery and three to the Clnic for Oncological Surgery) was built on the new-erected fifth floor of the northern wing of the building. At the same level, extending from the Surgery Block, a separate Surgical Intensive Care Unit with the most up-to date equipment and monitoring was made as well.